Well it’s official, Thanksgiving is over and the holidays are upon us. Do you feel the need to get some sunshine this winter season?
Relaxing on the beach sippin on a coconut or pina colada sounds pretty good right now.
In fact, I just did it last winter.. Tulum, Mexico – December 29th
Letsbehonest. You’ve been good all year, and owe it to yourself.
Top sunshine escapes for this winter:
1. Tamarindo, Costa Rica: Imagine long stretches of sublime coastlines, misty rainforest, and hidden bays amidst a jungle. Grab a board and paddle out. These months are more dry in Costa, which makes this location even more of a perfect getaway! My father just took a surfing trip to Tamarindo two month ago. Adventure travelers and sunshine goers.. this is the spot! Fly into Liberia, then shuttle to Tamarindo. He stayed at a surf camp called Witch’s Rock Surf Camp, along the Pacific.
2. Denver, Colorado, USA: Well it is the Mile High City, and they do get 300 days of sunshine in a year, so DEN is a must on the list. Maybe your idea of sun is in the mountains! Round trip flights as cheap as $187 from NY and from San Fran $165 in January using Kayak. Head over for some skiing and sunshine. Zedd has a concert Jan 27th at Red Rocks, anyone down?!
3. Tulum, Mexico: Guilty as charged. Last winter I had the same problem guys.. that urge to just get away for a short while and feel the sun, (it’s a good problem people, we love Vitamin D). Whether you want to book with a wellness retreat resort (Tulum’s forte), boutique hotel, hostal or bungalow this place provides an array of accommodations, with easy beach access. I suggest you visit the Mayan ruins early in the am to get the best photos and views. Also, the easiest way to get around here is by bike here (I used Kelly’s Bikes). Hear more about this solo trip to the Yucatan here- Post-Christmas in Mexico Travel Guide
4. Cartagena, Columbia: With drier climates than the rest of the year, this location is ideal for getting out and about, to explore the unknown. JetBlue offers direct flights from Ft. Laud, Fla, and NY for $500 round trip. Cartagena is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, full of history, irresistible local cuisine, and white sand! Get your sun fix over on La Playa Blanca.
5. San Juan, Puerto Rico: Live the island life this winter in the Caribbean. Plan your perfect getaway to the PR! Top perks – direct flights and neat hikes (well top perks in my opinion)!! Hiking through El Yunque is perfect for this time of year, find 26 indigenous species of animals only found on this island! Rent a car or take a bus, hop off and see waterfalls along the way and cruise the coast! Or take a ferry to the jaw dropping islands of Vieques and Culebra. Your journey awaits!!
6. Las Vegas, Nevada, USA: So you’re not into the beach, we get it. I have an answer. Sparkly desert oasis! Does New Years in Vegas sound appealing? Ummm, yeah, sign me up (raising hand girl emoji goes here)!
From pool partying to….
… the more quieter scene like fine dining and shows to..
…desert fun!! Adventure is on and off the Strip. Vegas awaits! Vegas – August 2015
So there it is 6 best picturesque destinations that won’t break the bank for any sun and adventure seekers this winter! Hope this inspired you to get out and see more of this beautiful world this winter. Escape the harsh winds and snow. Follow the summer sun!
Till next time! May something worth smiling about happen to you today!